Gender & Diversity
Equality, equal opportunities and the appreciation of diversity are fundamental principles of our university culture – both in studying and teaching as well as in research and in the university management. With the central goal of being an attractive place of study and work for committed students and employees from Germany and abroad, RWTH Aachen University works actively to eliminate prejudices, stereotypical thought patterns and discrimination. All university members are enabled to develop their individual potential; regardless of their gender, socio-cultural background, physical disability or chronic illness.
In this context, employees and students have access to numerous offers, measures and services, such as counseling on the topics of equal treatment and nondiscrimination, compatibility of family responsibilities and career, and studying with a disability or chronic illness. Female students, doctoral candidates and postdocs can actively shape their careers with the help of the TANDEM mentoring programs. Gender Consulting is available to advise researchers on the application process for DFG-funded research alliances and third-party funded projects. The quarterly newsletter "Chancengerechte Hochschule" (Equal Opportunities University) informs all university members about the topics of equality, compatibility and diversity in the university context.
All profile areas of RWTH Aachen University are committed to demanding and promoting equal and collaborative work between all persons in research, teaching, service and study. The profile area MedST actively supports the implementation of the gender & diversity goals of RWTH Aachen University.
- Gleichstellungsplan der Fakultät und der RWTH (Rahmenplan) (pdf: 179 kb)
- Staff Development Concept (pdf: 1123 kb)
- Inklusionsvereinbarung (DE) (pdf: 1418 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Action Plan 2017-2022 (pdf: 13844 kb)
- Joint Guidelines Equal Opportunities (pdf: 261 kb)
- Golden Rules for Family Friendly Management (pdf: 463 kb)
- Gender-neutral Language Flyer (DE) (pdf: 1413 kb)
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination (pdf: 1086 kb)