TheRWTH Aachen University, theUniversitätsklinikum Aachen andthe Forschungszentrum Jülichmeet the challengesof the 21st centuryrepresentedininterdisciplinary approachby thenatural sciences and engineering,theproduction and informationtechnologyas well astheeconomic and social sciences.The broadexpertise in Aachen,offersin comparison to otherlocations,an ideal environmentto serve as acentral point of contactforresearch,industry and politics.
Particularly noteworthyistheForschungszentrum Jülichand the Institute ofNeuroscience and Medicine(INM)with its activitiesinthe field ofMedicalScience and Technology.Theoverallorientationis ontheunderstandingof the human brain.By integratingimaging methods there isa strongoverlapof the focus area Imaging with those ofJARA-BRAIN.
Furthermore, the following facilities are integrated in the Profile Are Medical Science and Technology
- Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT, Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT
- Leibniz Association and DWI - Leibniz Institute for Interactive Materials
- European Institut of Innovation & Technology - EIT Health
- Aachen Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research „IZKF“,
- Network of Life Sciences - MedLife e.V.,,
- RWTH Bio-Medical Engineering Cluster,
- I3TM - Integrated Interdisciplinary Institute of Technology for Medicine,
- Center for Biohybrid Medical Systems - "CMBS “,
- Centre for Translational & Clinical Research Aachen (CTCA).